Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pallets Pallets Pallets!!!!

When I was gathering ideas for setting up the shop I got a little Pallet obsessed. I wanted my counter to be made from pallets. And nothing was going to stop me!!!! Every where I went I saw Pallets, I was veering off the roads, I was picking them up off the side of the road, I was peaking through wired fences trying to figure out a way to snavel them. I was on a Pallet mission!!!
But it was worth it, the counter turned out really well and it can be a bit of a conversation starter.
During this Pallet fever my friend discovered this clever lady and her website. http://www.studiomama.com/index.html
Nina Tolstrup is a designer of some pretty groovy furniture but also you can download some really fab instruction manuals for pallet furniture. I have the Pallet Chair manual, I plan to make a couple for out the front of the shop. I'm also digging the lamps, how great are they!!!


©Dennis Pederson
1X1 Table Lamp
©Richard Davies

1X1 Floor Lamp
©Richard Davies

  But wait there's more.........







Lucky last is my Pallet Counter!....


Whew! Now that I've got that off my chest.....Ha!
Has anyone made anything out of Pallets? I'd love to see what you've done.
Catch you later lovely folks xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment